Carrying Other People's Children
Advice about child car seats and seat belts for anyone who transports other people's children in a car, taxi, coach or bus, such as parents sharing the school run and organisations providing a transport service.
Seat belts on their own are less effective for children because they are primarily designed for adults. In a crash, a child may slide under an adult belt because the lap strap is too high over their abdomen, or the belt could cause serious injuries to the child.
- Your Duty of Care
- Child Seat and Seat Belt Laws
- Using the Right Child Restraint
- Other Vehicles
- Child Car Seat Training Course
- Carrying Other People's Children Safely in Cars
- Carrying Children Safely in Taxis, Coaches, Buses and Minibuses
Photos courtesy of Britax and RECARO Child Safety Ltd